Thursday, December 13, 2007

Christmas Tree Hats for Preemies and Newborns


Say Merry Christmas to a tiny one by knitting this hat. It's fast and easy to do.

Pattern: Christmas Tree Hat and Elfin Sox
Click here for link. Pattern is designed by Patti Pierce Stone and is for personal or charitable use.

I am knitting these for the local hospital nursery to welcome our Christmas Season newborns.

Another easy hat for Christmas is shown in the next photo. I used the short-row baby hat pattern explained in the Oct. 16, 2007 post. Since the yarn was worsted instead of sport weight, I only used 9 repeats of the pattern and reduced the cast on by 1 stitch. I simply used white, red, and green for the different sections. Since the yarn was worsted weight I used a US #8 Crystal Palace Bamboo straight needles (9" length) .

2 comments:

AndreaLea said...

I really like your Christmas short-row baby hats!

Cronitty said...

I like your Christmas tree hats. :)